Who I am:
- I am Carra.
- I am follower of Jesus Christ.
- I am a wife to a godly, handy, handsome, hilarious husband (eleven+ years)
- I am a mom to two little girls and baby boy.
- I am on staff with Campus Crusade for Christ.
- I am trying to learn to decorate.
- I am an avid thrift store shopper.
- I am a green renovator.
- I am a organic-loving, CSA joining, cook-from-scratching natural foodie.
- I am an aspiring herbal medicine chick.
- I am a thrifty organizer.
- I am a developing homeschooler and newbie to Classical Conversations.
- I am an American Heritage Girls leader
- I am natural and relatively "green" household overseer.
- I am a passionate advice-giver (sorry)
Why my blog is called "Embracing the Season:"
I've been in seasons of financial abundance, seasons of financial question, seasons of singleness, marriage, parenthood, seasons of physical illness, seasons of strength. One regret looking back is living in the "when" throughout a lot of my life. WHEN I feel better, WHEN I get married, WHEN morning sickness is over.... So my goal and my daily reminder is that God has me in this season for His purposes to produce what He desires in me. So I'm still soooo not there yet, but I am trying to embrace my season. Gratefully, it's a process.
My current "seasons:"
- I am in a season of connection: I have become a part of group of women who really care about me and challenge me to be a better wife, mom and follower of Christ
- I am in a season of pursuing: I am pursuing more natural food, more natural medicine, natural ways of decorating / renovating.
- I am in a season of home-making: We just bought a house a little over a year ago. It is great to make changes that we decide ourselves (we've been renting various houses since 2006).