Tuesday, December 16, 2008

To Coupon or Not to Coupon...


Okay, you may be familiar with the Grocery Game already. I was not until our Mops group had a speaker come tell us how amazingly cheap we could buy things by using coupons combined with sales. I was both inspired and skeptical. Since I buy most of our vegetables, dairy, meat and eggs from our local farmers market, I wondered if this thing would work for us. The speaker shared exciting bargains on a lot of items we don't use.

It does irritate me to run out of toilet paper, paper towels and kleenex, so I thought - it's worth a shot. The grocery game gives you a list of all the things you can get free or cheap for a few bucks a month and it's $1 to try. So I bought a paper (for the coupons) the last few weeks and signed up for the trial online. I did really well - saving about $14 at Harris Teeter last week on some staples. We'll see if we can get these type of deals on organic and sugar-free foods. I'll keep you posted. Sidenote: the beef gelatin is on the way (I have a tracking number) so we will soon have a marshmallow report.

No comments: