Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Keeping it real...

I love order.
I love organization, organizing and labels.
This has not been a part of my life for the last three weeks.

It has now come to the end of the "bed" days.  But there is still a lot of rest ahead of me.  My body is still getting back in place until he's six weeks old.  We also use the Healthy Sleep Habits book so we don't introduce sleep training until he's six weeks old.

So I'm accepting help, hiring help and happily receiving meals.  Before I had shared the preparation of the birthroom.  Once you live in a room for three weeks, everyone hangs out with you, eats with you, etc. there is a level of messy clutter that grows.  So to keep it real, here are some photos of the "real world" I've been living in.  Just look past the people to the laundry stacks, dishes and bins of randomness. 

It is a sacrifice for me to "leave it."  But I know these are fleeting times (even though they seem to last a while at 3:00 a.m.).  I trust that this resting time is an investment for our family's future so that I can be fully "mommy" soon.  In the meantime - it's a good time to practice dying to self.

Love, Carra

No comments: