Wednesday, March 31, 2010

What's playing in your minivan?

I got a text from a friend the other day asking about kid music I play in the van. I just don't. I hope to add music for learning stuff once we get more into the homeschool groove. But I honestly find most kid music irritating. So my girls just learn to enjoy what I enjoy. We play a little old-timey twangy stuff like "I'll Fly Away" (think "O Brother Where Art Thou") and I play Axel F (crazy frog version) from my teen/childhood years but mostly contemporary Christian like KLove and locally WBFJ. They can sing along to "Hosanna" and "I am Free."

But just this morning I was exploring a blogroll found this! It is so hilarious and so true!

Go Fish - Maybe I will start playing kid music in the van. ;-)


Love,

3 comments:

Susie said...

I'm with you. My kids knew hymns before they knew anything else. But, someone gave me Slugs, Bugs, and Lullabies, and I am hooked on this quirky, smart, fun kids cd. It's fun for us to sing together, and there are two songs that ben and I have already claimed to be "dance to at their wedding" songs.

Unknown said...

I understand where you are coming from- we listen to WBFJ and Klove, but also have some "kid" music- just now the annoying kids music, so they have all types of music to choose from and it is all stuff that does not drive me crazy.

Lisa said...

We like the Praise Baby CDs. It's awesome to hear my kids singing praise, worship, and hymns.