Sunday, October 2, 2011

Confession #2 - Laundry


I would choose to do just about any other household chore other than laundry.  I realize that food is also just "passing through" but there's something particularly futile about laundry.

I do know what to do.  If I go right away and put away the one load out of the dryer, I would have no laundry backup.  I do that sometimes, but mostly....I keep doing whatever I was already up to.  I do have the girls put their own clothes away.  Gracie does 100%, Faith puts the clothes that I fold into her drawers and hangs the clothes (that I put on hangers) into her closet. Pete will jump in there when I'm just overwhelmed.

Speaking of laundry.....At least I don't have to worry about running out of laundry detergent.  I bought a five gallon bucket of Charlie's Soap over a year ago.  Here it is under the counter in the laundry room. It is still over half-way full.  If you're looking for a natural laundry detergent on the cheap - this is your stuff!  You can also use it as dishwasher powder.  However, if you have soft water, it will foam too much.  I learned this when I created a flowing stream of suds out of the dishwasher while on vacation.  The maintenance guy said, please use the powder we provide.   ....ok

I choose many other things to do before the laundry.  Right now, there are three baskets that are sitting in my bedroom.  ....and I'm blogging about it LOL!

Love, Carra

No comments: